Thursday, January 25, 2007

Listen

I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.

Most of my friends have a lot say. I always feel like I listen an awful lot. The moment I realise I have been listening for a while is subconciously the moment when I get bored of the monologue. When I talk, and am asked to enlarge on whatever it is I am talking about I get excited to think I suddenly have an opportunity to tell my story with an audience. This feeling of happiness is what defines a friend from an aquaintance.

The first line is quoted from Hemingway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Queeeeeeeee lindo Icaio!! No tengo diccionario conmigo y no entiendo una palabra: aquaintance. despues la busco.
Si, es cierto. Sabes "escuchar" y retenés y preguntás despues. Es una de tus cualidades.Pero tambien tenes otra: sabes dejar de escuchar cuando algo te molesta o te aburre. Por eso tenes pilas para poder volver a escuchar despues.