Tuesday, March 13, 2007

From Primrose Hill to Mexico City

We went out to the Hill on Saturday, and on our way to the park the two girls fell asleep so we raced to a pub and grabbed a bench outside. And I finally learned to use Ro's mobile phone camera. It was nice to just sit down with a moment of peace and dream a little, or not talk at all. Breath! It's not easy looking after the girls, but I think we do ok - we work around their timings and things tend to be a lot easier to manage then. Juanita has her nap just after lunch usually, so if we need to travel by car, or just have a coffee, we do it then. Their bath time is 6pm so Juanita knows it's dinner shortly after, then bedtime. This rythm when stuck to means her body clock is predictable and no one has to throw their dummy out of the first floor window, or fall off the arm of the sofa deliberately to cause a fuss.
Aside from angry accidents, there are the other random ones we have to control. Like sucking mum's mobile phone charger's contact so it oxidises and mum can't charge her phone anymore. Or nearly throwing dad's mobile phone in the bath. Opening the fridge and helping herself to milk, tomatoes or ham and cheese slices. After dinner. Or climbing on top of Catalina's cot to get inside - whilst her sister sleeps in it. Drawing 'pipis' (birdies) on the wall in colour pencils is my current bone of contention.
I reach a point where I think 'oh sod it I haven't got the energy. Take all the ham slices you like'. That's when Rosario realises I've lost the battle so she steps in. Actually, it's normally the other way round. My favourite fashion at the moment, on a cuter note, is when anything comes to an end (TV program, song, plate of food) she turns to look at us and with her arms outstretched, hands wide open, says "all gone!"

I've been booked for a week's filming in Mexico next week, which is exciting. I think we're going to Mexico City to film some sort of motorcross Championship. If I can get this much work consistantly then I think finally we're going to be alright. I say finally, it's only been two months and they say it takes a year at least!

No comments: