Thursday, September 13, 2007

Drills in my mouth



I had to see the dentist today because the right side of my face has swelled up the size of a balloon. If you cover the left side of my face I look like Don Corleone's long lost nephew. I'm going to have my bottom right wisdom tooth taken out, the first one to leave. But not until the swelling has stopped. So the dentist put me on antibiotics and sent me to the hygenist.

I'm sat there lying down on the blue padded reclining chair, she shines a light in my "north and south" and gets out her metal tools. After she scraped away at my gums she got out a tiny drill and started using it on my upper teeth. She stopped at one tooth and drilled so much the pitch of the whirling needle went up and up, and the pain got worse and worse with this woman's gloved hands grabbing my jaw to fix it in place, then I suddenly just started laughing! I couldn't believe the ridiculous position I was in, at the mercy of this woman I'd never met before.

3 comments:

Rosario said...

JAJAA! Bue mas o menos lo que una siente cuando esta pariendo... tanta entrega con un desconocido! Claro que en ese momento no da reirse!!!!!!

tolenti said...

Si, pero parir es un precio que uno paga para despues tener lo más valioso del mundo. Pero el dentista... es lo más parecido a una tortura. Lo peor es que aunque confieses lo que sea la tortura sigue. Saber que uno se entrego a eso sin resistirse debe ser lo que te causo gracia Icaio. Solo vos se rie en esa situación! Muy divino! el pole

I c a i o said...

Que bien que lo dijiste! Y como confesé, eh!