Monday, January 07, 2008

First Choice



This advert is showing on TV at the moment, every time it comes on I stop what I'm doing and watch it. The confidence of the creators of the ad put all their money on the actor. There are three shots in total, but over half is solely seeing a close head shot of this guy's change of emotions. When you watch it for the first time you've got no idea what the man is looking at. First he is serious, has he recieved bad news? Then he smiles broadly but it turns into an almost worried look. You're kept waiting in anticipation, and then realise why he smiles even more.
Perhaps I indentify with it more since I'm a family man too now. Chopin's Tristesse adds to its emotive nature, and I guess it makes me think how valuable these days are whilst the girls are still so young, they smile at anything, trust in us without question, laugh at simple things. Maybe I like the ad because when I'm in the park, and Juanita comes running up to me smiling I too feel like I'm turning to meet her in slow motion whilst Chopin plays softly in my mind.

3 comments:

Rosario said...

Pero queeeeeeeeeee lindo sos!!!

tolenti said...

No podes ser máaaaaaaaaaaaaas divino Icaio!!!
Increible la publicidad, increible la cara del actor e increibles tus reflexiones!!!

Uchi said...

no voy a poder evitar acordarme de este post en un momento asi... que lindo pero que lindo!!!!!