Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Hilderbrandt brothers



When I worked in Italy I lived in a small town in Brianza, northern Italy and commuted everyday to Milan centre. It was at this time I took up reading and read loads. I considered all those books I wanted to read, some I didn't and some I felt I should. One of them I felt I should try, even though it looked fatter than the bible, was Lord of the Rings by Tolkien. A few friends had read it (this was before Jackson's trilogy) and highly recommended it, so I gave it a go. I couldn't put it down, and I never paid much attention to fantasy novels. Jackson dumped so many other stories in the books, the film really doesn't do it enough justice.

When I finished the books I searched for illustrative interpretations of Tolkein's imagination and found some wonderful paintings of memorable moments in the plot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fedeoto, el papa de Bau tambien es fanatico de Tolkien. Y tambien dibuja! Nunca hablaron con el del SeƱor de los Anillos? Me encanta leer tus intereses.