Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Juanis

These days have been a little odd for me to get used to as a new freelancer. The oddest feeling is having so much time on my hands and overcoming having to feel guilty about it! I'm now spending a lot more time with my family, and it seems as if we were on holiday. It's lovely! I'm now getting to know Juanita a lot more, and I'm noticing a growing bond between us that I didn't have so much of before. When she hurts herself she comes running to me, when she knows she's got something in her mouth she shouldn't have she won't go to mamá, she says papá papá and spits it out in MY hand!

Today was Rosario's birthday, so we went to a new clothes store (along the peaceful little lane that is Oxford Street) where she bought en masse. Fighting through a crowd of moody female customers gunning for those frilly pink knickers was a bit taxing, primarily because you are trying to push a large buggy repetitively saying 'excuse me' when you should be excusing them. I prefer Ro to push it because when I do I'm ruthless, I run over people's feet and don't look back. Bit like my driving I suppose.

Later we went to the park and Juanis met her friend Oscar where they run after each other and scream running down the sand pit. It's all quite sweet. She's got such character, I'm so proud of her already. Ten years ago the father of a close friend of mine told me something very wise. He said in life you want to be better than everyone else in this rat race. Apart from your children. You want your children to be better than you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Los hijos siempre te superan. Y es increible verte en ellos. Superado.
Me encantan esas fotos que sacaste con tu camara. Mi prefe es esa en la que esta Juanis de frente y Oscar de espaldas.

I c a i o said...

a mi tambien me encantan - Lu comentó a sus amigas que esa de Oscar y Juanis con el arbol parece de catalogo! Que piropo, ni sabia quien la sacó.