Monday, July 09, 2007

Cruxifiction of Peter



When I studied art and design at University one of my favourite artisits was Caravaggio. Not only were his figures extremely life-like and emotional, but he used the lighting in an incredible way. When I film often the best situations are already lit by nature, by the position of the sun and it's soft light; the biggest soft light that could ever exist. Look at the detail of the black cloth on the bottom right of the painting, obeying the fall of light and shadow coming from what one imagines to be a giant window just outside of the image on the left. The detail in the muscles in the calf of the crouching man underneath the cross, or St Peter's feet. Amazing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Queeeeeeee lindo Icaio!! Como me gusta lo que vos ves. Como podemos estar mirando lo mismo viendo cosas diferentes? Quiero decir si no me dirigieras la atencion a la iluminacion y me hicieras ver su importancia no la notaria. Solo me quedaria en la historia de la crucifixion de Pedro. No en COMO la mostro el artista.

Loli said...

qué obra más impresionante, icaio. De verdad, me da hasta escalofríos que haya existido alguien capaz de reproducir la luz tal cual la vemos.

Me da impresión. Hasta me cuesta creerlo.

Anonymous said...

Entre buscando algo referente a la nueva camara y me encontre con la crucifixion de Pedro. Nuevamente. Hoy te gane de mano!

I c a i o said...

Si porque me gano Rosario y puso todas las mejores fotos en SU blog. Odio.

Anonymous said...

Semejante obra me quita las ganas de volver a usar una cámara de fotos.